I'm traveling through New Zealand for 3 months alone. I'll be on both the North Island, and South Island. And plan to post here when I can.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

And Back Again

I'm not really ready to go home. I've learned a lot about myself. I'm a traveler. My mind is open and my spirit is fresh, I'm hungry for more life and worldly experience. I've slept in parks, by train tracks, in strangers homes, hitch hiked a country, met amazing people, crazy people, enjoyed the adventures of traveling alone for an extended period, and the adventures of traveling with a friend, climbed volcanoes and mountains, swam oceans and walked beaches, trekked 5 solo days through a jungle, got by on extreme budgeting as little as 5 NZ$ a day, hitched with no direction just to see where I ended up, busked late nights on the street for extra money, and laughed for 3 months straight.

I Fly home tonight, 15 hours. Not sure how long I'll stay at home for. The lure of adventure pulls strong, and I have my sights on Iceland. I want to spend months and years in the midst of wonder. I have till September before I go to college at evergreen. We'll see what I end up doing with that time.

Here are the last photos from the trip

Zach Chasing Children





No comments:

Post a Comment